In 1995, the internet exploded with the promise of e-commerce and the digitalization of information. The first keynote speakers talking about the internet were overwhelmingly IT scientists and technology futurists, sharing their insights as to WHAT the technology advancements were.
But after a few years, the business experts emerged, showing WHY it was important and HOW to use it for profit.
The same is now happening with Artificial Intelligence, and related technologies such as autonomous systems, robotics, etc. The fascination is currently on the WHAT, but we are already starting to see a shift toward the WHY and the HOW. This means an eventual shift from computer scientists and futurists, to business strategy experts.
This is when the AI wave will become truly revolutionary for business.
The Key Shifts Include:
- Business Strategy: Robert Safian has been exploring what leading companies like Netflix, Amazon, Spotify, Nike, Goldman Sachs and others are already doing with AI to disrupt their industries
- Future of Jobs: Vivek Wadhwa is at Harvard University running the first ever global research study on how AI will change how we work and the future of professions.
- Disruptive Innovation: Michelle Lee shares the patent trends from the USPTO to learn where companies are making multi-billion-dollar bets on the future of AI.
- Financial Future: Nancy Giordano has been diving into the success of blockchain and crypto-currency technologies throughout the world.
- Leadership Tools: Rebecca Costa’s latest book looks at how AI and predictive analytics is providing leaders an accurate look into the future, changing how we make decisions and allocate strategic resources.
- Medicine and Health: Tarun Wadhwa has drilled down into the fascinating uses of AI that are changing every aspect of the medical and self-healthcare industries.
About the author: Michael Humphrey is a 30-year veteran of the speaking industry and is currently the CEO of Nextup Speaker Management.